HEALTHCARE – VALUING THE LIFE OF NDI ANAMBRA WITH DIGNITY AND CARE
- We will establish and systematically expand health insurance coverage to all Ndi Anambra, with coverage of 250,000 by 2022, through our public health insurance scheme.
- We will aggressively rollout new primary healthcare centers across the state, with electronic health management systems, adequate renewable power supply and trained practitioners. We will target 50 new primary healthcare centers spread over all wards by the end of 2022
- Through our healthcare contributory scheme, we will fund sustainable social services for our vulnerable populations, including free hospital consultation for pensioners over the age of 65 and
free maternal healthcare for new mothers.
- We will create Volunteer Corps in the healthcare centers, to help with data management, healthcare education and ambulance services. These health extension workers will create 1,000 new jobs each year, and improve healthcare outcomes.
- We will strengthen the research capabilities of our teaching hospitals and university, focusing on care for viruses and other diseases as well as manufacturing of medical equipment.
- Build 2 world class diagnostic centers across the state, with virology capabilities, to make Anambra the healthcare destination of Nigeria
- Tap into Ndi Anambra in diaspora to affiliate with medical centers of excellence around the world for capacity building.
Valentine Chineto Ozigbo
PDP Candidate, Anambra State Governorship Election.